Manage By Example
A really simple but cool piece of software
that makes Lotus Notes Email work better
If you have an outage, we can provide MX failover service for your mail at no additional charge.
Learn More and Register
SpamSentinel Version 126.96.36.199
STILL the best anti-spam and anti-virus solution for Domino!
Release Date: Dec 2012
Welcome to SpamSentinel Version 188.8.131.52. We have updated our core engines with the latest code available, continuing to bring you the best anti-spam and anti-virus option for Lotus Notes/Domino. There are a number of new features, along with the regular round of fixes - please see below for the full list. As always, if you have any questions, feedback or requests for new functionality we would be very happy to hear from you.
SpamSentinel 184.108.40.206 runs on Lotus Domino versions 6 and higher.
A new feature called 'X-Field Eliminator' has been added which addresses an issue with Domino when the maximum number of fields that can be stored in a database is reached. This mainly affects the mail.box files and results in the error 'Cannot store document - database has too many unique field names'. X-Field Eliminator gives you the option to delete the X-Fields, rename them or roll them up into a single field.
We would also like to remind you that our popular Manage By Example (MBE) tool is now included in the SpamSentinel package. "SpamSentinel MBE", unlike previous versions, does not require any changes to the mail template and runs as an add-in on the servers hosting your mail files. It replaces the daily report as the most up-to-date way to manage suspect messages. We also include the MBE installer to allow you to easily install onto mail servers that do not necessarily run SpamSentinel.
Manage by Example (MBE) is a critical component to SpamSentinel. MBE gives your users complete control over the grey area of Spam-B and Newsletters, freeing up your administrators and help-desk staff. MBE ensure zero false positives by providing end user verification of suspect/Spam B messages. The Junk Mail folder is used for delivery of Undecided mail (Spam-B). For most customers, this completely replaces the daily report. MBE will install as disabled - due to possible unknown configuration variables - instructions and video can be viewed at: http://www.maysoft.com/mbe to complete MBE installation - calling support is always an option during or after installation.
SpamSentinel Version 220.127.116.11 Improvements
SpamSentinel Interceptor 18.104.22.168
- The Interceptor has been updated to perform an X-Field rollup. There are four options, delete X-Fields, rename X-Fields, rollup X-Fields into RFC822 text field, or rollup X-Fields into a rich text field. You can also white list X-Fields so that they are not processed.
- Update to check for Skip Forms for outbound messages. This is necessary for Message Recall to work properly.
- Preserve UNID of outbound messages when copied to the scan.box.
SpamSentinel Duo Engines 22.214.171.124
- Updated with Authentium AV SDK 126.96.36.199.
- Updated Commtouch version 188.8.131.52
- Updated Cloudmark version 184.108.40.206
SpamSentinel Router 220.127.116.11
- Send 'dbcache flush' to server console after writing signed database 'pointer' file. Uses NABServerName field for server.
SpamSentinel Scanner 18.104.22.168
- Truncate e-mail addresses greater than 256 characters.
- Automatically enable Notes name resolution for Spam-D when using Skip or Include Recipients. Notes Name resolution only occurs for Spam-D if name resolution is enabled. One way that name resolution is enabled is when messages are quarantined for reporting. If no reporting is selected, then Notes names are not resolved from e-mail addresses, and no lookups (skip, included, etc) are performed.
- Added code to restore Delivery Confirmation field from a backup field. The backup field is created by the Interceptor when messages are signed or sealed and mailed to the scan box. If the field is not backed up then a delivery confirmation is sent to the user when the message is delivered to the scan box.
- Enhanced license expiration email with server name and links to admin database.
- Fixed problem where a non-hierarchal user appeared to have a profile document. This caused the message to be duplicated in order to 'use' the profile.
- When a user is white listed, the SpamSentinel fields are normally removed. This can make is difficult to determine if the message was spam when white listed. The fields are now added to a SpamS_SpamReport field before they are removed.
- If a message has multiple recipients, and one is white listed, the white listed user is treated as a skip recipient. This can cause some confusion because the message appears in the user mail box with most of the SpamSentinel fields, but does not have a message type field. Temporarily, a message type field was added with the value "Skipped or White Listed". In a future version, the white listed recipient will appear as white listed rather than skipped.
- Fixed naming issue with X-Field names. X-Field name 'dashes' were encoded by Domino before they were mailed.
- This version also contains the code to release held messages on a checking machine when SpamSentinel is disabled. This prevents mail from backing up when SpamSentinel expires.
SpamSentinel Reporter 22.214.171.124
- Added 'Large memory aware' code fix for 32-bit Domino running on a 64-bit operating system
SpamSentinel Administration Database
- Added UI options to support new features.
- Removed some obsolete settings.
SpamSentinel Manager 126.96.36.199
- No changes have been made to the SpamSentinel Manager.
SpamSentinel Monitor 188.8.131.52
- No changes have been made to the SpamSentinel Monitor
Non-Windows/Checking Machine Installations (AS400/Linux/Solaris)
- Engine, scanner and database updates have been made as above.
- Fix for a scenario where Spam-D would occasionally be delivered to the Inbox.
- Please be aware that the new SpamSentinel MBE tool will only be installed on servers that run Linux. Servers running AS/400 or Solaris should use MBE version 3.
Click here to learn more about our previous release: Improvements in 184.108.40.206
SpamSentinel Version 220.127.116.11 (150 MB). Updated Apr 23, 2013 - Use this installer for Windows installations only. Lotus Domino versions 6, 7, 8, 8.5 and 9 are supported in this release.
Click here to download SpamSentinel 7728h
SpamSentinel Version 18.104.22.168 x64 (131 MB). Updated Apr 23, 2013 - Use this installer for Windows installations only. Only Lotus Domino versions 8.5 and above are supported in this release. If you have a x64 version of Domino 8.0 please contact our support team for assistance. Domino 9 Beta releases contain a bug which affects our installer, the Gold release of Domino 9 is fully supported.
Click here to download SpamSentinel 7728h x64
For Linux, Unix and AS/400 and other Non-Windows operating systems, use this SpamSentinel version. SpamSentinel will install as a checking service on a separate Windows machine to block spam coming in through your Domino server.
SpamSentinel Version 7728 CM (149 MB) Updated Apr 23, 2013 - Use this installer for AS400/Linux/Sun Installations* Lotus Domino versions 6, 7. 8, 8.5 and 9 are supported in this release. The Notes Client installed on the checking PC must be version 6 or higher
Click here to download SpamSentinel 7728h CM
SpamSentinel: It Just Works!